I am an IFMGA / American Mountain Guide based in Seattle, Washington. I began climbing at age eleven and have been guiding since 2004. Throughout the year, I guide and teach all forms of mountain travel across North America. While each year is different, a typical year sees me guiding, climbing, and skiing in the Cascade Mountains, Canadian Rockies, Alaska, Utah, the Sierra, and British Columbia.
Recently, I’ve been putting my mountain experience into authoring. Snoqualmie Rock, which details over 700 rock climbs near Seattle and North Bend, Washington, is due out in June 2018 after years of meticulous research (and climbing). I also co-authored Backcountry Ski & Snowboard Routes: Washington with my friends at Pro Guiding Service a few years ago.
I have served on the Board of Directors for the AMGA and as the President of the Certified Guides Cooperative, a national organization dedicated to increasing access to public lands for credentialed mountain guides. Locally, I co-founded the Washington Anchor Replacement Project which replaces unsafe climbing bolts across the region on a one-for-one basis. Visit the WARP website for more information on that endeavor.
Education & Certifications
|IFMGA Mountain Guide||AMGA Certified Alpine Guide|
|AMGA Certified Ski Guide||AMGA Certified Rock Guide|
|Leave No Trace Master Educator||AIARE 3 Certified|
|Wilderness EMT||B.S. Resource Recreation & Tourism|
- Climbing Ranger, Mount Rainier National Park
- Guide, Pro Guiding Service
- Guide, Northwest Mountain School
- Guide & Instructor, American Alpine Institute
- Rock Guide, Acadia Mountain Guides
- Wilderness Ranger, US Forest Service, Deschutes National Forest
- Graduate Assistant, Outdoor Recreation, Washington State University
Professional Memberships & Associations
- American Mountain Guides Association (AMGA)
- American Avalanche Association Pro Member
- American Institute for Avalanche Research & Education (AIARE)
- American Alpine Club
- Leave No Trace
- The Access Fund
- Washington Climbers Coalition