I am a professional mountain guide based in Seattle, Washington. I began climbing at age eleven and have been guiding since 2004. Throughout the year, I guide and teach all forms of mountain travel across North America. While each year is different, a typical year sees me guiding climbing and skiing in the Cascade Mountains, Canadian Rockies, Alaska, the Sierra, Norway, and British Columbia.
I am certified as an Alpine and Rock Guide through the American Mountain Guide Association, and am pursuing a full international certification (rock, alpine, and skiing) through the International Federation of Mountain Guide Associations. I also serve on the Board of Directors for the AMGA and the Certified Guides Cooperative, a national organization dedicated to increasing access to public lands for credentialed mountain guides.
Recently, I co-founded the Washington Anchor Replacement Project. WARP replaces unsafe climbing bolts across the region on a one-for-one basis. Visit the WARP website for more information on that endeavor.
Finally, I am authoring a forthcoming guidebook, Snoqualmie Rock, which details over 700 rock climbs near Seattle. I also co-authored Backcountry Ski & Snowboard Routes: Washington with my friends at Pro Guiding Service.
Education & Certifications
|AMGA Certified Alpine Guide||AMGA Certified Rock Guide|
|AMGA Aspirant Ski Guide||AIARE 3 Certified|
|Leave No Trace Master Educator||AIARE 2 Instructor|
|Wilderness First Responder||B.S. Resource Recreation & Tourism|
- Mountain Guide, Pro Guiding Service www.proguiding.com
- Mountain Guide, Northwest Mountain School www.mountainschool.com
- Ski Guide, Northern Alpine Guides www.alpineguides.no
- Guide & Instructor, American Alpine Institute
- Avalanche Instructor, American Alpine Institute, Northwest Mountain School, Pro Guiding Service
- Rock Guide, Acadia Mountain Guides
- Wilderness Ranger, US Forest Service, Deschutes National Forest
- Graduate Assistant, Outdoor Recreation, Washington State University
Professional Memberships & Associations
- American Mountain Guides Association (AMGA)
- American Avalanche Association Pro Member
- American Institute for Avalanche Research & Education (AIARE)
- American Alpine Club
- Leave No Trace
- The Access Fund
- Washington Climbers Coalition